Latch On Clinic:
A latch-on clinic is a new progressive approach to receiving breastfeeding support from both peers and an expert in a group setting. It’s an opportunity for mothers who need latch and positioning assistance to receive evidence based expertise at a nominal fee. At our latch on clinic a lactation consultant will start off by giving a short educational presentation on latch and positioning. After the presentation, she will go around the room to observe feedings, offer hands on assistance and provide latch and positioning strategies to improve your breastfeeding relationship. Much like breastfeeding support groups, mothers will be breastfeeding in a relaxed small group setting.
If we determine you and/or your baby have risk factors or challenges that require more extensive evaluation and lactation services, a consultation will be recommended. The cost of the latch-on clinic will be deducted from the cost of a full consultation.
At Nourish Lactation Services we believe that there is a tremendous benefit to immediate breastfeeding support. At the latch on clinic we will only provide basic breast feeding assistance and education. Please keep this in mind when considering if attending a latch-on clinic is appropriate for you and your baby’s circumstances.
Pre-register for The Latch-On Clinic today! Space is limited, so please book in advance or call for availability.
Please schedule a FULL consultation if any of the following statements apply to you:
- My baby is losing weight.
- My baby is not gaining weight.
- My baby has a chronic medical condition.
- My baby has a genetic condition or syndrome.
- My baby has an oral or facial anomaly.
- I have a history of hormonal disorders including but not limited to significant infertility, polycystic ovarian syndrome, and uncontrolled thyroid disorder.
- I have minimal breast tissue.
- I have minimal milk production.
- My milk never seemed to come in.
- I have lumps, redness, or post engorgement swelling in breasts.
- I have extensive nipple damage.